Here at Central Maitland Dentistry, we can provide you with dental implants for missing teeth.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are titanium posts which are placed in the jaw bone at the site of missing tooth or teeth. On top of these implants are placed the crowns/bridge.
Dental implants are beneficial over several other more traditional forms of tooth replacement because of the following reasons:
- They last longer than bridges or dentures
- They prevent bone loss, which is often associated with missing teeth
- They are an ideal replacement option for removable dentures
- There is no wear and tear on surrounding teeth
- They look natural and will only be identifiable by dentists
- They allow you to eat hard foods without any issues
- They can improve your self confidence
- There is no age restriction: anyone can have dental implants.
Dental implants isn’t a one size fits all procedure, so you will need to spend some time with your dentist assessing whether or not you are a suitable candidate for the procedure.
What are Restorative Dental Implants?
Restorative dental implants are replacement teeth specially made to fit over the dental implants in your jaw. They include implant crowns and bridges and implant supported dentures. Crowns and bridges are fixed permanently onto the implants and can only be removed by a dentist. They should feel as strong and as stable as your natural teeth, so you can enjoy all your favourite foods with ease.
Implant supported dentures can be removed for cleaning as they will clip onto special implant attachments in your mouth. Once an implant denture is clipped into place, it will feel strong and secure and cannot move.
Will Restorative Dental Implants Look Natural??
We take enormous care when designing and fabricating restorative implants to make sure they look very natural, so you will be able to smile and talk with confidence. Your new teeth will complement your facial features and will blend in seamlessly with natural teeth.